Personal Data Policy
- This policy on the processing of personal data (“Personal Data Policy”) describes how Guldsmed Apel ( the “Company”, “us”, “our”, “we”) collect and process data about you.
- The Personal Data Policy applies to personal data that you give to us or that we collect via Guldsmed Apel website, www.guldsmedapel.dk (the “Website”).
- Guldsmed Apel is the data controller of your personal data. All enquiries to Guldsmed Apel must be made via the contact details listed in point 7.
- Guldsmed Apel collection of your personal data
- What personal data do we collect and for what purposes?
- When you visit the Website, we automatically collect data about you, such as the type of browser you are using, what search terms you use on the Website, your IP address and information about your computer in order to optimise the conversion of the Website, improve it and carry out targeted marketing
- When you buy a product on the Website, we collect data about you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, tel. no., information about which products you buy and possibly returned with the purpose of delivering products to you and for fulfilling our accounting obligations.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter, you give your express consent that we may collect data about you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, tel. no., information about what you bought and possibly returned.
- We use the data we collect in connection with your subscription to the newsletter to manage the subscription, to offer you specific benefits and for direct marketing, including to inform you about our products and new products/services and to give you other news and information that you have given your separate consent that we may send to you.
- When filling out our contact boxes, we collect data about you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, tel. no., completed comments and other information you have filled in.
- What is the basis for the collection?
- The collection of data mentioned in point 2.1.1 is necessary for us to safeguard our interests in improving the Website features and construction of it and to offer you relevant deals.
- We only use your IP address to determine your geographic location if we have received your separate consent.
- The collection of data mentioned in point 2.1.2 is required for us to fulfil our agreement with you.
- We only collect the data mentioned in point 2.1.3 if you give your express consent.
- The collection of data mentioned in point 2.1.5 is necessary for us to make contact and in this regard to have a minimum of information.
- Using data processors
- We use external companies for, among other things, the technical operation of the Website, for example, our suppliers assist us in connection with carrying out targeted marketing, including retargeting and improving the Website and your assessment of our products/services. These companies are data processors and under our instructions and process data that we are data controllers for. Data processors cannot use the data for purposes other than the fulfilment of the agreement with us and are subject to confidentiality regarding it.
- One of these data processors, Google Analytics w/Google Inc, are established in the United States. The appropriate safeguards for data transfers to the United States are secured through the data processor’s certification under EU-US Privacy Shield. A copy of the certification can be found here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI
- Your rights
- To create transparency regarding the processing of your data, we, as the data controller, must inform you of your rights
- The right of inspection
- You are entitled at any time in writing to ask us for details of, among other things, what data we hold about you, what purpose the data serves, the categories of personal data and recipients of the data there may be, and information about the origin of the data.
- You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we process about you. We charge a fee of DKK 50.00 for multiple copies. If you want a copy of your personal data, please send a written request together with documentation that you are the person concerned.
- The right of rectification
- You have the right to have inaccurate personal data about yourself corrected by us. If you become aware that there are errors in the data that we hold about you, you are encouraged to write to us so that the data can be corrected.
- You have the option to make corrections via the log-in to your user profile to the data that we have collected in connection with your registration to our customer club.
- The right of deletion
- In some cases, you are entitled to have all or some of your personal data deleted by us, for example, if you withdraw your consent for registration to our customer club. To the extent that the processing of your data is necessary, for instance, to comply with our accounting obligations, we are not required to delete your personal data.
- The right to limit processing for storage
- In some cases, you have the right to have limited the processing of your personal data to only consist of storage, for example, if you believe the data we process about you is incorrect.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to have your personal data provided in a structured, widely used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transfer this data to another data controller when we collect your personal data in connection with:
- you buying a product from us, see point 2.1.2, or
- you giving your consent to us using your IP address to determine your geographic location, see point 2.2.2, or
- you giving your consent when subscribing to our newsletter, see point 2.1.3
- The right to object
- You have the right at any time for specific reasons to object to our processing of your personal data that we collect for use to improve the Website features and construction of it, see point 2.1.1
- You also have the right at any time to object to our processing of your personal data that we process for direct marketing, see point 2.1
- If you object to the processing, we are no longer entitled to process your personal data, unless we can demonstrate legitimate reasons for continued processing.
- The right to withdraw consent
- You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent that we use your IP address to determine your geographic location, see point 2.1.1 and your consent to subscribe to our newsletter, see point 2.1.3. If you withdraw your consent, you should be aware that in some cases we may be entitled to continue processing, see point 2. In such cases, you will be informed accordingly.
- If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The right to complain
- You have the right at any time to submit a complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency (Datatilsynet), Borgergade 28, 5, DK-1300 Copenhagen K against our processing of your personal data
- Deleting personal data
- If you do not use our Website for a period of 1 year, we will automatically delete the data that we hold about you. However, to meet legal requirements, including the requirements of accounting law (5 years from the end of the financial year) and consumer law (the 2-year warranty), we can store certain personal data for a longer period.
- We will delete data collected by us in connection with you giving your consent that we may send you marketing by e-mail, text and post if you withdraw your consent unless we are entitled to continue processing, see point 2.
- We will delete data collected by us in connection with you subscribing to our newsletter if you contact us about it. In all newsletters, you will be able to respond and thereby to unsubscribe. If you unsubscribe, we will automatically delete the data we have collected on you.
- We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration or degradation and against unauthorised disclosure or misuse.
- Only employees who have a real need to access your personal data to perform their jobs have access to it.
- Contact information
- Guldsmed Apel is the data controller of the personal data collected via the Website.
- If you have questions or comments about this Personal Data Policy, please contact:
Store Kongensgade 58
Tel. no.: 33 13 28 31
- Changes to the personal data policy
- We are entitled to make changes to this Personal Data Policy at any time. If we make changes to the Personal Data Policy, you will be informed of this on your next visit to the Website.
- If you do not accept the revised policy, you can no longer continue to use the Website, and your personal data may be deleted.
- This is version 1.0 of Guldsmed Apel personal data policy dated 22-08-2019